Based on a Brain Turner recipe.
For the herbed rice
* 150g/5½oz basmati rice
* ½ vegetable stock cube (I used fresh Chicken stock to cook the rice in)
* 25g/1oz butter
* 1 tbsp chopped fresh chervil
* 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
* 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
For the stir fry
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 100g/3½oz pork fillet, cut into strips
* 1 medium chorizo sausage, chopped
* ½ red pepper, seeds removed, flesh chopped
* handful green beans, trimmed and cut in half
* 2 tbsp ready-made tomato ketchup
* 1 tbsp sesame oil
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tbsp clear honey
* 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
* 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
1] For the herbed rice, cook the rice according to packet instructions, dissolving the stock cube in the water the rice is cooked in. Drain well.
2] Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter is foaming, add the rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown, then stir in the fresh herbs.
3] For the stir fry, heat the oil in a wok over a high heat, add the onion and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
4] Add the pork, chorizo, pepper and beans and stir fry for a further 3-4 minutes, or until the meat is golden-brown and cooked through.
5] Add the ketchup, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey and vinegar, stir well and bring the mixture to a simmer.
6] To serve, spoon the herbed rice into the centre of a serving plate and spoon the pork and chorizo stir fry on top. Sprinkle over the toasted sesame seeds.