by Antony Worrall Thompson
from Saturday Kitchen
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 30 mins to 1 hour
200g/7oz baby beetroot
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
230g/8oz carrots, cut into 3cm chunks
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
225g/8oz young goats' cheese
a few sprigs fresh thyme
200g/7oz salad leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Place the beetroot onto a roasting tray and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place into the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
4. Add the carrots and garlic and toss to coat with the oil before returning to the oven for a further 15 minutes until tender.
5. Remove beetroot from the tray and allow to cool slightly before squeezing the beetroot out of their skins.
6. Place in a bowl along with the roasted carrots.
7. Meanwhile to make the dressing, add the sherry vinegar to the pan to deglaze.
8. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl, then whisk in the olive oil.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Add the goats' cheese, salad leaves and leaves from the thyme sprigs to the beetroot and carrots.
11. Add the warm dressing to the salad and toss to combine.
12. Serve immediately.