Antony Worrall Thompson
from Ready Steady Cook
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time less than 10 mins
1 egg white, whisked until soft peaks
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1 tbsp baking powder
150ml/¼ pint milk
pinch of chilli flakes
55g/2oz unsalted butter
For the yoghurt dip
200ml/7fl oz Greek yoghurt
handful chives, finely chopped
2 tbsp white wine
1. Place the sweetcorn in a food processor and blitz to form a purée.
2. Transfer the purée to a bowl and fold in the egg white.
3. Mix in the flour, baking powder, egg, milk and chilli flakes to form a batter.
4. Gently melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
5. Spoon the mixture into the pan to make 4-6 fritters.
6. Fry the fritters for 2-3 minutes on either side, until golden and crisp.
7. To make the yoghurt dip, place the yoghurt, chives and wine into a bowl and mix together until combined.
8. Transfer the dip to a serving dish and garnish with chives.
9. Remove the fritters from the heat and transfer to a serving plate. Serve the yoghurt dip alongside.