Antony Worrall Thompson
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time less than 10 mins
For the escalopes
2 170g/6oz pork tenderloins
4 tbsp seasoned plain flour
2 eggs, whisked
110g/4oz fresh breadcrumbs
For the honey vegetables
2 tbsp olive oil
4 medium carrots, peeled, diced and blanched
200g/7oz green cabbage, shredded and blanched
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp honey
fried egg (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Preheat a medium frying pan over high heat.
3. Place the pork steaks between two sheets of cling film and batter with a meat mallet until 1-2cm thick.
4. Rub the steaks in the seasoned flour, dip in the egg and finish in the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the oil in the frying pan, and cook the steaks for 6-8 minutes either side.
6. Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan and add the carrots and cabbage. Cook for 5-6 minutes to soften.
7. Stir in the mustard and honey and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
8. Remove from the heat and transfer to serving plates.
9. Remove the escalopes from the heat and serve alongside the honey vegetables.