by Lucas Hollweg
Goes well with Ham, Goose and Turkey.
Half a Lemon
2 Shallots, finely chopped
4 tablespoons of Redcurrant Jelly
1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
Pinch of Ground Ginger.
1) Zest the Orange and Lemon.
2) Put the Zest in a pan and cover with boiling water. Simmer for 4 minutes. (this gets rid of the bitterness) Then drain.
3) Juice the Orange and Lemon
4) Place the Shallots in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1 minute, then drain and squeeze out as much water as possible.
5) Melt the Jelly, then add in the Port, Zest and shallots. Simmer for a minute or 2.
6) Add the fruit juice, Mustard and Ginger, mix well.
Can be used hot or cold.