Thursday, October 13, 2005
Fresh Tuna with Oloroso Sherry
Adapted from the Moro Cookbook
2 hours start to finish
4 Fresh Tuna Steaks (Look for purple/shiny flesh, not grey)
2 Garlic cloves crushed
300ml Oloroso Sherry
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
6 large Red Onions
Flat leaf Parsley
1 Fresh Lemon
Fresh Black Pepper, Sea Salt
1) Rub the Garlic all over the Tuna and pour over 100ml of the Sherry.
2) Cover and put in the fridge for an hour before cooking.
3) Heat the Olive Oil in a a large pan over a medium heat.
4) Cook slowly for at least 30-40 minutes.
5) Pour off any excess Olive Oil and add the Sherry.
6) Simmer until the whole lot thickens. Take off the heat.
7) Heat a pan on high heat and add a little Olive Oil.
8) Fry both sides until nearly cooked to your taste.
9) Add the marinade and Onions and warm through.
10) Serve up with the Parsley and Lemon chunks.
Marinade the Tuna in Sherry and Garlic.
Slow fry the Onions.
Heat your Griddle pan up, yes upside down, get it really hot.
Drain the marinade into the Onions and give it a good fast boil.
Fry off the Tuna, then let it sit in the Onions, off the heat, for a few minutes before serving.