30g unsalted butter
1 potato, peeled and cubed
1 leek, washed and sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
1 bay leaf
Some fresh thyme leaves
350ml vegetable stock
A dollup of double cream
olive oil, to drizzle
spoonful of Greek yoghurt
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the potato for 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in the leek, garlic, bay leaf and thyme leaves and heat for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes.
4. Stir in the cream and heat for a minute.
5. Transfer to a food blender and blitz.
6. Return to the pan and warm through.
7. Ladle the soup into a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Serve with a spoonful of yoghurt.