Preparation time less than 30 mins (Better if you canmarinade the chicken for and hour or so)
Cooking time 10 to 30 min
This also works well on a low heat barbeque.
For the chicken:
1 chicken breast, skin removed and cut into strips
30g grainy mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
For the corn pancakes:
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cornflour
85g sweetcorn kernels (canned)
1) Place the chicken, mustard and honey in a small bowl. Mix well. Levae to sit for an hour.
2) Preheat a wok and a medium non-stick frying pan.
3) Heat the olive oil in the wok. Add the chicken and its mustard and honey marinade. Fry for 3 minutes before transferring the chicken to the oven to cook for a further 8 minutes.
4) While the chicken is in the oven, prepare the pancakes.
5) Place the egg, flour, baking and corn powder and milk in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
6) Add the corn. Stir well.
7) Heat the butter in the frying pan.
8) Pour a small amount of the pancake batter into the frying pan. Fry for 2 minutes, either side.
9) Repeat until the batter is finished. Add more butter if the pan gets dry.
10) Serve the chicken with the corn pancakes and maybe a crunchy salad.